Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Paris is always a good idea."


For those of you who don't know, the title of this is from the movie Sabrina. About a week and a half ago, our study abroad program went to Paris for a few days. I thought that pictures could describe my experiences there better than I could, so this post will mostly just be pictures. Also, since a picture is worth a thousand words, the pictures here should save me some time and talking...and then maybe I can go spend those thousands of words on the final Shakespeare paper that I'm in the middle of right now. :) The above picture is just behind the Louvre, in the garden behind it called the Tuileries.

I thought this couple embracing behind a girder on the Eiffel Tower at sunset was entirely romantic and rather quintessentially Paris. So I didn't bother cropping them out of the frame when they showed up in my picture. :)
This picture is for Will. They had flags and such from countries around the world inside the top of the Eiffel Tower.
This is at Versailles, where I found out that Louis XIV really knows how to build a palace.Notre Dame is even more awe-inspiring and beautiful and cooler than everyone says it is. Make sure you go there before you die.

This is Emma, my friend currently in Paris on study abroad whom I met up with. She is beautiful. The gargoyle isn't Emma though. We'll call him Pierre.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lis! I love that you're there! Or...were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! I do need to go there before I die! Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous. And you!

    ReplyDelete