Monday, February 1, 2010

macmacmacmacmacmacmac

When I was in London, my computer died a very dead death. And I was sad, but not too much because I got a lot of really good usage out of it and it had served me very well and I was planning on not needing a computer too much after this coming semester. Not to mention the fact that my cousin had an extra laptop that he wasn't using and that he said I could use for this semester. And although this laptop is pretty old (6 years--which is old as far as laptops go), I figured it would be fine.

As it turns out, this laptop doesn't get wireless, doesn't have an authentic version of Windows on it, doesn't play CDs or DVDs, and has a lot of software that isn't even compatible with most other softwares and program functionings and such. The trouble is, I don't know how to fix these problems, and I don't even know if many of them are fixable. I'm sure they are, but I also don't know how much they would cost and I don't know if they would be worth fixing for the cost.

And I just recently had a large expense removed from my life that I thought would be in my life. (That makes it sound like a tumor. That's probably pretty apt. I think many expenses feel like tumors. Or they at least serve the same purpose.) But since this expense-tumor is gone, I have more money than I thought I did...

So this is what I've been dreaming of...

http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Wouldn't it be nice if we could guarantee that dreams come true?

4 comments:

  1. P.S. I like your new blog name and your new look.... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G!!! (Ostriches may grin) You should totally do it! I'd be supa-jealous, but with a laptop like that, who couldn't figure out some tech-y e-way to deal with a jealous brother?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it, and then let me know if I should try to do it. I've been debating (but then I'm like, "MacBook or another month of rent? Sorry, MacBook.") And my rent is a lot more than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Mac desktop and LOOOOOVE it! Don't all mac users end up converting? They are so fun. . . and, well, if you want to just be superficial. . . they are really cool too!

    ReplyDelete