Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Make a wish into the well



I wish for a lot of things, like anybody does. But mostly, I'm pretty content. But, oh for the few things I wish I had done when I had the chance.

I wish I had become better friends with a couple of people that I really appreciated in high school. Of course, I didn't realize how much I appreciated them until after high school was over. Of course.

I wish that I had written to my friends on missions (and my siblings, when they were gone) better.

I wish I had learned how to be spontaneous a little sooner in my life. I wish it were still not so hard for me to be spontaneous.

I wish I had bought that bottle of wine at Whole Foods on my 21st birthday (yesterday), even though I don't drink. I was going to use it for cooking, but I didn't get it. It would have been really fun to say that I, a Mormon girl, bought wine on my 21st birthday. :) But of course, it was a spontaneous thing, and I'm still working at that.

(That's what I'm wishing most this right now. Bummer.)


And at 4:30 tomorrow morning, I'm going wish that I had gone to bed sooner. But I will not wish that I had stayed in bed when I am running on the lake path around Lake Michigan at sunrise.

That I will not wish.

I guess it's a balancing act, figuring out which wishes to keep wishing and which wishes to let go.


I wish I knew how to do it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrible at spontaneity too (also, spelling it. .. thanks goodness for spell check).

    ReplyDelete