Friday, August 28, 2009

Drip, drip, drop, little...August showers...

I'm in Chicago for a few days before I head to London, and it's been rain-ish-cloudy-ish-weather the whole time I've been here. I love the rain. Sun is nice and all, but growing up where I did, we were always very grateful for the rain, since we always needed more of it. I associate it with being calm, pondering, and curling up with a cozy blanket on a couch. During the fall and winter months, rain is my favorite kind of weather. It's a good thing I'm going to England. I'll get lots of rain there. :)



And I love this painting of Chicago in the rain. It's called "Chicago Hancock November Rain," by John Houston.

1 comment:

  1. I like the painting too. It's on the Magnificent Mile, and that light brick thing in the middle is the Water Tower that survived the Chicago fire. Now across the street it hosts the Lookingglass Theatre Co. that David Schwimmer and a couple buddies from Northwestern started up. That's where I saw an excellent production of Our Town.

    ReplyDelete