Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reformation

I'm having a Martin Luther moment.

I'm ridding myself of the old not-writing-very-often-Lisa and beginning anew. (Reminds me of hymn #217.) And I don't just mean writing on my blog--I'm starting afresh and writing more in all of my dozens of notebooks and journals and thought pads and post-its...in hopes that doing so will help me understand more about myself and become a better writer in the bargain.

I guess part of what has helped me re-commit to doing this has to do with many of the blogs I've read lately. They're by people I know and by people I don't, and they have have collectively caused me to have so many thoughts and learn so much about myself and their writers, and now I want to do that better too.

I also think I'll take a leaf out of Tracy's book and start posting more pictures as well. I'm an incredibly visual person (like, can't remember how a piece of music sounds very well unless I've seen it written on a page) and so much inspires me about the things I see in the world around me, that it seems silly not to.

In other words: I'm revamping my blog. Making it worth using. Maybe even worth reading? I guess other people are the judge of that. I just spit out my thoughts--that's all. It'll take a few days before it looks pretty, as I know nothing about HTML and such, but we'll get there.

And meanwhile, I love this photograph at the top. It represents so much of where I am in my life right now--country/Idaho, ready to start down a new road and explore new vistas, and yet the simple things are still all around, ready to calm and soothe the traveler's (me) troubled spirits when things get tough.

Hm. I really do have a lot of thoughts. This is why I need to write/blog more, so I get more in the habit of expressing them better. It's much more interesting when you're able to say what you think.

Thus begins my Reformation. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'm so excited for your reformed blogging life. My experience is that blogging's almost like a DaVinci journal about life. I love fleshing out my half formed thoughts into real opinions and ideas and knowing you, I think you'll find it to be very satisfying.

    I look forward to reading.

    P.S. I love you and can't wait to see you whenever you decide to venture down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited for your new posts! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete