Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yum, summer.


I am feeling so good right now. I found out today that I get to live with Jen, one of my very best friends from London next year. Like, share a room with her. WAHOO!! 

Tonight was my dance final exam for 180, and I dressed up and felt like I looked cute. Nice feeling sometimes, whether it's true or not. Danced the cha-cha and triple swing and foxtrot in a twirly skirt. 

We had our end-of-the-summer Relief Society activity, which I got to help a lot with, and we had homemade shish kebabs with fresh peppers, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, and marinated chicken. (Oh my gosh, they were so good.) 

I met a whole bunch of awesome new people. I went knocking doors to guys’ apartments in our ward to recruit them to eat our leftover shish kebabs because we made about 100 of them. (Did I mention they were delicious?) 

I went night swimming with a Brazilian girl who lives upstairs and her visiting friend, and she taught me about some of the cultural differences between Brazil and here, and I taught her how to dive. 

I came home and am listening to my “I miss England” playlist and feeling all nostalgic. 

I only have 6 HOURS of Spanish class left. Three days. Oh baby.
I am writing some missionary letters to people that are very important to me. One of them is this lady. (By the way Michele, I like what you did with the blog.)

I will be at home on one week from Friday night. Oh boy. 

I'm sleepy and content and it's summer and I love life. 

P.S. This song has been running through the heads of many in my apartment for the past couple of days. It's apt, given recent events that have been going on here. I also think that the video/song feel very summer ish. Cute. Except for the poor guy at the end.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thanks for updating, summer in 208 sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete